Wednesday 24 June 2015

Mandalas

There was a time when I drew a daily mandala. I kept it up for 260 days before moving to a journal they just didn't fit in. I'm not drawing them so regularly now, but they still have great value for reflection and inner journeys. I used a word mandala to "write out" an issue recently. It was the perfect vehicle, as the same thing has been coming round in different guises. I then surrounded it with relevant quotations, and felt "it is done."


Talking about a related issue with a friend, I reflected upon how many years ago I released myself from the Should Monster. My motto then became: "I have no desire to be remembered for my clean toilet." Apparently I succeeded all too well, as my children remember my sticky kitchen floors!


I am now working on the Rule of Three ; just waiting for a few supplies...

No comments:

Post a Comment